Arriving at High Scalability and Ease of Configuration
To convert the system to a web-based application, Itransition’s dedicated team redeveloped the legacy Delphi-based application using Java technologies. As soon as the enhanced web-based system was deployed to production, Rayyan Technology moved to the support and maintenance phase.
For 12 years till now, CarlaMaestro™ has been evolving under expert supervision of the Rayyan Technology team. In 2007 the SaaS-based application, nicknamed CarlaMaestro™ then, was rebranded.
Currently the revamped application is a highly scalable, easily configurable platform offering a range of online human resources and expense management services.
The application is used by dozens of France-based companies, Estée Lauder, Ferrero, Mercedes France, Euronews, and many more among them. Considering specific requirements any particular system user may have, Rayyan Technology is continuously complementing the application with new functionality.
For end users – financial officers and HR managers who input, control and manage expense and workforce data – the system offers the following functionality:
- Input. There are several ways to input data: manually, automatically or by data import. To facilitate management of employee-initiated expenses, information is grouped by period. Analytical information is also managed in this section.
- Control. Submitted expenses are transmitted to be either approved or refused by company’s managers. Refused data may nevertheless be handled by the accountancy module.
- Accountancy. All the expenses under control are transmitted to the accountancy module, where account books are created. The system simulates accounting of both approved and refused expenses.
- Payment. Upon creation of payment books, the paymaster controls and validates payment of expenses. The module also processes the data contained in the corporate credit card files and integrates with external bank systems.
- Setup. The module contains company and employee information, configuration settings, etc.
- Reporting. The system allows analysts to generate both standard and ad hoc (with customized queries) reports that can be subsequently exported to Excel.
- Options. The options module allows managing users and their rights. A number of design options are also available (e.g. logo, preferred colors).
- Import/Export. Import of input data and export of generated reports and accountancy results.
One of the advantages CarlaMaestro™ provides to end users is the flexibility either to use the system as an integrated platform or to choose and pick separate solutions depending on the type of the input data:
- expense management
- advance management
- invoice management
- order management
- absence management
- activities management, etc.